Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pink Wednesday

Many nail bloggers & polish fans participate in "Pink Wednesday," an homage to the movie Mean Girls, in which The Plastics” always wear pink on Wednesdays.



I'm kind of anti-pink in general. I don't care for the gender-specific connotation placed on the color, not to mention that pink looks, well, pretty terrible on me. :) When my daughter was born, I swore I'd never dress her in pink ... but that quickly ended due to the excessive amount of pink baby girl clothes available, and later, to her own love of wearing pink. That said, I rarely participate in Pink Wednesday - in fact, pink is probably just after yellow and orange on the list of polish colors I own the least of ! Still, my little girl loves pink in every incarnation. 


So today, in honor of my sweet girl Daelyn and all things pink, I give you ... Pink Wednesday!




This is 2 coats of Claire's Candy Shop (a sheer pink jelly packed with circus glitter, and a dupe of the Deborah Lippmann polish of the same name) over 2 coats of Sinful Colors Beautiful Girl. Even for an "anti-pink" like me, I have to say I was pleased with the combo, and it really does remind me of candy! 


What are you rocking on this Pink Wednesday? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment